This simple Blackberry Cobbler Recipe is full of summer season fruit! A traditional dessert that’s prepped in minutes, with only some components. Take pleasure in this cobbler heat from the oven topped with vanilla ice cream.
On the lookout for extra cobblers? Strive my peach cobbler recipe!
Outdated Long-established Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Blackberry Cobbler is a fully scrumptious, simple, and spectacular dessert that’s good for summer season baking. Is that sufficient adjectives for you? It’s crispy and chewy across the edges, and tender and candy within the center, loaded with contemporary blackberries!
This cobbler recipe solely has 6 components, and the prep takes lower than 10 minutes! High this whereas it’s heat with ice cream and be ready to eat the scraps proper out of the pan!
What You’ll Want
Right here’s a fast run-down of the components you’ll must make this cobbler recipe. You’ll want to scroll right down to the recipe card beneath for particular quantities.
- Blackberries – I like to recommend utilizing contemporary blackberries, however you should utilize frozen ones if that’s all you’ll find. That being stated, contemporary berries – particularly in the course of the summer season months – can have extra taste.
- Granulated Sugar
- Self-Rising Flour – In case you don’t have this you may make your personal. Particulars beneath!
- Milk – Any form of milk will work.
- Vanilla Extract
What I Don’t Have Self Rising Flour?
No drawback! You may simply make self-rising flour at residence. Right here’s what you will want:
- All objective flour
- Baking powder
For every cup of flour, whisk it along with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
How one can Make Blackberry Cobbler
Right here’s easy methods to make cobbler – it’s tremendous simple!
- Whisk collectively 1 cup of your granulated sugar, flour, milk, and vanilla till easy. Then whisk within the butter till mixed.
- Pour the batter right into a well-greased casserole dish. I like to make use of an 8×12 pan for this recipe.
- Then add the blackberries evenly on high of the batter. They are going to sink in slightly bit, which is completely superb!
- Sprinkle extra sugar on high, which is able to create a pleasant crackly topping.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Serve heat with ice cream!
I really like topping cobbler with vanilla ice cream however listed here are a number of different concepts:
- Dusting of powdered sugar
- Whipped cream
- Another taste ice cream
- Caramel sauce
How To Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
Simply cowl and refrigerate for as much as 3 days! I don’t suggest freezing this, as you lose that crispy, crackly topping because it thaws out.
To reheat, simply portion out your serving and microwave it for 20 seconds.
Extra Fruit Desserts
This simple blackberry cobbler will rapidly turn into a favourite!
- 12 ounces blackberries
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 8×12 baking dish liberally with non-stick spray. Put aside.
- Rinse blackberries and pat dry. Put aside.
- In a big bowl whisk collectively 1 cup of granulated sugar, flour, milk, and vanilla till easy. Then whisk within the butter till mixed.
- Pour the batter into the ready pan. Add the blackberries evenly on high of the batter. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes till the highest is golden and crackly.
- Enable to chill barely and serve heat with ice cream if desired.
Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Reheat parts within the microwave.
In case you don’t have an 8×12- inch baking dish you should utilize any 3- quart pan you’ve gotten. It should work in a 9×13- inch pan, however it’s going to simply be thinner.
- Serving Measurement:
- Energy: 263
- Sugar: 34.9 g
- Sodium: 247 mg
- Fats: 6.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.8 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 15.9 mg
Key phrases: cookies and cups, blackberry cobbler, simple cobbler recipe, blackberry dessert
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: