Paqui, the corporate answerable for the viral “One Chip Problem,” is yanking the product off of retailer cabinets … in response to an adolescent who died after consuming the product.
The corporate has a press release on the high of its web site, saying the problem “is meant for adults solely, with clear and distinguished labeling highlighting the chip isn’t for youngsters or anybody delicate to spicy meals.”
Paqui says it is seen an uptick in minors leaping in on the problem, regardless of the warning label on the packaging — including the corporate’s now “working with our retailers to take away the product from cabinets.”
The corporate is even providing refunds to of us who’ve already bought the problem. Unclear if it is the top of the product, or if the plan is to ditch the product and provide you with a brand new choice … however Paqui says the product already adheres to meals security requirements.
As we reported, 14-year-old Harris Wolobah died in Massachusetts final week — in response to his mom, his passing was a results of issues he suffered from consuming the chip at college.
Whereas Harris’ official reason behind demise remains to be pending, his mom claims the varsity contacted her on Friday a few abdomen ache he had after consuming the Paqui chip, however allegedly was feeling higher when he received house. Nonetheless, she says he collapsed and was rushed to a hospital not lengthy after, the place he was pronounced useless.
Harris’ mother has been pointing fingers at Harris’ college — primarily for not taking him straight to the hospital when his abdomen began hurting, which probably might’ve saved his life.
For extra viral information, tune in to the TMZ Verified Podcast. Dropping each Thursday on all podcast platforms.