Jacksonville Sheriff T.Okay. Waters used a Sunday information convention to inform reporters the person who killed three folks in a Jacksonville, Florida, Greenback Normal Saturday acquired each his weapons legally.
Breitbart Information reported that a person in his 20s allegedly shot and killed three folks in a Jacksonville Greenback Normal simply after 1 p.m. Saturday. He was armed with a Glock handgun and an AR-15-style rifle.
CNN famous Waters indicated the shooter “legally bought the 2 firearms he used within the capturing earlier this yr.”
Watters stated, “On this scenario, there was nothing unlawful about him proudly owning the firearms.”
When legislation enforcement signifies a person acquired his weapons legally, it means he went by a background floor at a retail retailer. The Jacksonville attacker is barely the most recent in an extended record of attackers who acquired their weapons through a background examine.
Listed here are different attackers who received their weapons through background checks:
- Uvalde Faculty attacker (Might 24, 2022)
- Buffalo grocery attacker (Might 14, 2022)
- Indianapolis FedEx attacker (April 15, 2021)
- Atlanta-area attacker (March 16, 2021)
- Parkland highschool attacker (February 14, 2018)
- Texas church attacker (November 5, 2017)
- Las Vegas attacker (October 1, 2017)
- Alexandria attacker (June 14, 2017)
- Orlando attacker (June 12, 2016)
- UCLA gunman (June 1, 2016)
- San Bernardino attackers (December 2, 2015)
- Colorado Springs attacker (October 31, 2015)
- Umpqua Neighborhood School attacker (October 1, 2015)
- Alison Parker’s attacker (August 26, 2015)
- Lafayette movie show attacker (July 23, 2015)
- Chattanooga attacker (July 16, 2015)
- Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal attacker (Jun 17, 2015)
- Muhammad Cartoon Contest attackers (Might 3, 2015)
- Las Vegas cop killers (June 9, 2014)
- Santa Barbara attacker (Might 23, 2014)
- Fort Hood attacker (April 2, 2014)
- Arapahoe Excessive Faculty attacker (December 13, 2013)
- D.C. Navy Yard attacker (September 16, 2013)
- Aurora movie show attacker (July 20, 2012)
- Gabby Giffords’ attacker (January 8, 2011)
- Fort Hood attacker (November 5, 2009)
- Northern Illinois College attacker (February 14, 2008)
- Virginia Tech attacker (April 16, 2007)
Even if background checks don’t cease would-be criminals from finishing up assaults, President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and different Democrats tout background checks as a solution to preserve People protected.
AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Modification columnist for Breitbart Information and the author/curator of Down Vary with AWR Hawkins, a weekly publication targeted on all issues Second Modification, additionally for Breitbart Information. He’s the political analyst for Armed American Radio and a Turning Level USA Ambassador. He was a Visiting Fellow on the Russell Kirk Middle for Cultural Renewal in 2010, a speaker on the 2023 Western Conservative Summit, and he holds a Ph.D. in Army Historical past, with a concentrate on the Vietnam Battle (brown water navy), U.S. Navy since Inception, the Civil Battle, and Early Fashionable Europe. Comply with him on Instagram: @awr_hawkins. You possibly can signal as much as get Down Vary at breitbart.com/downrange. Attain him straight at firstname.lastname@example.org.