Dips within the pool, chilly drinks, and juicy summer season produce are excessive on my checklist of life’s finest choices proper now. Whereas I may be prepared for this intense warmth to subside, there’s nonetheless nothing just like the final days of summer season—and my farmer’s market haul implies that my produce drawer is filled with far more summer season squash than I do know what to do with.
I’m leaning into the abundance by making this mouthwatering zucchini pasta recipe that remember’s the season’s finest flavors. Summer time squashes, nutty parmesan, zesty lemon, and fragrant herbs come collectively for among the finest easy pastas in my playbook. Eat it al fresco and fake such as you’re in Italy.
Why You’ll Love This Zucchini Pasta
Sure, there are plenty of zucchini pastas on the market—however that is the ONE I’ve obtained on repeat. What makes it actually nice (except for the brief ingredient checklist) is the particular mixture of flavors. Candy, caramelized squash with salty parmesan. The intense acid of the lemon and the recent herbs make it comforting, vibrant, and nourishing—with out being in any respect heavy. It’s a celebration of summer season’s most interesting, making a dish that’s each comforting and vibrant.
I like to make use of a tube-shaped pasta for this one—paccheri, rigatoni, or pesto—in order that the scrumptious sauce will get scooped up into each chew.
First, Collect Your Elements
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this zucchini pasta:
- olive oil
- summer season squash and zucchini
- paccheri or rigatoni
- basil or mint
- pine nuts or walnuts
One Pot Dinner = Simple Breezy Clear-Up
In the course of the summer season, I’m all concerning the one-pot dinner and that is no exception. This pasta follows a brilliant easy methodology:
- Sauté smashed garlic cloves in olive oil.
- Add the squash and let it cook dinner over medium low for half-hour, to let it get good and caramelized.
- Add al dente pasta to the squash together with pasta water, parmesan, lemon zest and juice, and recent basil.
- High it with extra cheese, nuts, and herbs—then devour.
Informed you it was simple.
Elements Swaps for Success
Easy pasta recipes like this one are so adaptable based mostly in your preferences and what you’ve obtained hanging out in your produce drawer. Listed here are some successful swaps if you wish to adapt this recipe:
- For a extra nutrient-rich choice, you should use whole-grain pasta, or perhaps a chickpea pasta like Banza.
- Make it vegan by skipping the parmesan and choosing a sprinkle of dietary yeast as a substitute.
- I personally like so as to add a double dose of lemon zest and an enormous squeeze of juice to make it sing.
- And naturally, you’ll be able to all the time add extra summer season veggies. Eggplant can sauté proper together with the zucchini. Or, add a bunch of chopped tomatoes over the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
And also you’ve obtained a pleasant zucchini pasta recipe that celebrates the bounty of late-summer produce! With its caramelized squash, aromatic herbs, and nutty parmesan, this dish retains it easy and scrumptious, and it equally excellent for a comfortable weeknight dinner as it’s for a weekend feast with mates. Scroll on for the recipe, and make sure to tag my on Instagram should you make it.
Different Easy Summer time Pasta Recipes to Strive