ANI |
Up to date:
Jan 16, 2020 22:35 IST

Kolkata[India], Jan 16 (ANI): I-League membership Mohun Bagan on Thursday introduced the merger with Indian Tremendous League (ISL) membership ATK right here.
The merged membership could have model names of ATK and Mohun Bagan. RPSG Group, which owns ATK, will turn into 80 % majority shareholder alongside Mohun Bagan Soccer Membership (India) Personal Restricted proudly owning the remaining 20 % shares.
Dr. Sanjiv Goenka, Chairman, RPSG Group stated in an announcement: “RPSG Group which has a 200-year-old legacy is humbled and honored to welcome Mohun Bagan with folded fingers and open arms to the RPSG household. RPSG Group is understood for buying and rising legacies such because the 120-year-old CESC, 150-year-old Spencer’s Retail, and the 100-year-old Saregama. Personally, it is an emotional reunion for me as my father Late Shri R P Goenka was a member of Mohun Bagan,”
Mr. Swapan Sadhan Bose, Chairman, Mohun Bagan Soccer Membership (India) Pvt. Ltd. stated: “On this context, I’m very grateful to India’s probably the most well-known industrialists and our Kolkata’s very personal Dr. Sanjiv Goenka for his funding by RPSG. Their imaginative and prescient on Indian soccer aligns with our philosophy and our mixed forces will certainly take the membership to greater and higher heights. On this respect, it’s a red-letter day within the historical past of this iconic establishment,”.
“I can guarantee tens of millions and tens of millions of Bagan supporters unfold throughout the globe, that the poetry will proceed. Now that the prose is able to lend a serving to hand,” stated Sadhan Bose.
The newly shaped membership will come into existence from June 1 and can be part of the ISL from the 2020-21 season. (ANI)

Source link