Right here is the state of affairs on Sunday, August 13, 2023.
- Russia’s defence ministry stated Ukrainian forces hit the Crimea bridge and several other different unspecified targets within the annexed Crimean peninsula in a flurry of rocket and drone assaults. There have been no casualties or injury, the ministry stated.
- Russia’s overseas ministry pledged retaliation for what it known as a “terrorist assault” on the Crimean Bridge.
- In Ukraine, officers stated an aged girl and a police officer had been killed in Russian shelling in jap Kharkiv and the southern Zaporizhia area.
- Ukrainian officers additionally reported Russian assaults within the southern Kherson area and the central metropolis of Kryvyi Rih. Two aged individuals had been reported wounded in Kherson and there have been no identified casualties in Kryvyi Rih.
- Within the Russian-controlled jap area of Donetsk, a Moscow-installed official stated Ukrainian shelling killed one particular person and wounded six others. Denis Pushilin stated Ukrainian forces had fired 127 rounds of ammunition on the area.
- Ukrainian navy officers, in the meantime, reported progress on the southern entrance, saying Kyiv’s forces had recaptured territories within the area of Tavria and claimed partial success close to the important thing village of Robotyne.
- The Normal Workers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine stated Russian forces had launched six rockets, 36 air raids and fired 32 rocket salvo hearth programs at populated areas and Ukrainian troop positions on Saturday. Youngsters had been among the many lifeless and wounded, it stated.
- Russia additionally claimed progress, saying it had regained management of the village of Urozhaine in Ukraine’s easternmost Luhansk area in an in a single day counterattack.
- In Poland, Defence Minister Mariusz Blaszczak stated his nation has elevated the variety of troops defending its border with Belarus as a deterrent amid “destabilising” actions by its pro-Russian neighbour. These embrace an incident wherein two Belarusian navy helicopters entered Poland’s airspace final week, a transfer Warsaw stated was a deliberate provocation. Poland can also be involved in regards to the presence in Belarus of Russian-linked mercenaries and about Center Japanese and African asylum seekers attempting to cross into the nation from Belarus.
- Germany’s Rheinmetall will ship a Luna New Technology drone system to Ukraine by the top of the yr, in keeping with the Bild am Sonntag newspaper. The package deal consists of a floor management station with a number of drones, a launch catapult and navy vehicles, and can be utilized as a reconnaissance system, present an LTE community and intercept or jam communications, Bild reported.
- Ukraine, which is looking for to ascertain protected delivery routes within the Black Sea, has began registering ships prepared to make use of a humanitarian hall it introduced final week, in keeping with the Interfax information company. The hall is a brand new check of Russia’s de facto blockade since Moscow deserted a deal final month to let Kyiv export grain.
- A high Ukrainian official stated the nation’s grain harvest this yr is exceeding expectations and may very well be 5 p.c greater than in 2022, “because of good climate and rains in the summertime”.
- On Ukraine’s Black Beach, the town of Odesa opened up six seashores for swimming for the primary time for the reason that Russian full-scale invasion started. Odesa Governor Oleh Kiper stated accessing seashores throughout air alerts was forbidden.