Skip the takeout menu this week and make taste packed Ginger Hen as a substitute! This mouthwatering peanut ginger hen recipe marinates in a single hour and is prepared on the stovetop in 20 minutes or much less. Coated in a peanut-ginger soy glaze and loaded with crunchy roasted peanuts.
Higher-Than-Takeout Sticky Ginger Hen
This saucy and savory Asian-inspired ginger hen is one of the best sort of homestyle cooking.
My recipe is comprised of tender items of hen thigh cooked in a wealthy marinade of soy, ginger, garlic, sesame, and hints of honey and lime – and it’s prepared in 20 minutes!
Ginger hen is an easy but crazy-flavorful skillet dinner which you can have on the desk shortly on any given weeknight. We love takeout simply as a lot as the subsequent household, however I can’t resist a homecooked meal that’s this scrumptious and this EASY.
One chunk of this sticky ginger soy-glazed hen sprinkled with crunchy peanuts is a taste explosion. It’s milder than my Spicy Thai-Style Chicken and Orange Chicken, however nonetheless firing on all cylinders with a zesty ginger kick. You’re going to be hooked!
What You’ll Want
Under is a fast overview of the components wanted to make this do-it-yourself ginger hen recipe. Don’t neglect to scroll to the recipe card for the total particulars and quantities:
- Hen Thighs: I make this recipe utilizing boneless, skinless hen thighs. Trim away any extra fats, then reduce the thighs into inch-sized items. Goal for even-sized chunks in order that they cook dinner up evenly!
- Ginger: Nothing rivals recent ginger on this recipe. Yow will discover ginger root in most produce aisles.
- Limes: For a vibrant burst of citrus, you’ll want recent lime juice in addition to zest. In a pinch recent lemon will even work, although the flavour will likely be a bit of totally different.
- Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil: Soy sauce and sesame oil are key to the Asian-inspired hen marinade. There’s actually no substitute! I additionally reduce in some olive oil, in order that the sesame taste doesn’t change into too overpowering.
- Honey, Garlic: Honey for a touch of pure sweetness (maple syrup additionally works, or brown sugar) and garlic for a savory, fragrant kick. I extremely suggest mincing up recent garlic cloves. Like recent ginger, it makes all of the distinction!
- Roasted Peanuts: Chopped-up peanuts deliver irresistible crunch and further taste. Be happy to omit them in the event you’re making this recipe nut-free, in fact.
- Cilantro: Freshly chopped cilantro works splendidly as a garnish and pop of shade. One other good possibility is inexperienced onions.
- Rice: For serving. I like this zesty ginger hen served over plain basmati or jasmine rice, or I’ll make up a batch of Instant Pot Butter Rice.
Can I Use Hen Breast As an alternative?
I like boneless hen thighs as they’re normally juicier, extra tender, and tougher to overcook. Nevertheless, you need to use skinless, boneless hen breasts to make this ginger hen in the event you favor.
Make sure to trim away the hen tender and any fats, and I’d additionally suggest pounding the hen breast earlier than slicing it into items.
The way to Make Peanut Ginger Hen
You gained’t imagine how straightforward it’s to make this taste bomb of a hen dish. Simply marinate, cook dinner, and serve:
- Marinate the Hen: Mix the hen cubes in a bowl with the ginger marinade components and toss to coat. Depart the hen to marinate within the fridge for an hour.
- Prepare dinner: Subsequent, sauté the hen in a scorching skillet with a little bit of marinade. I wish to work in batches, to ensure that all of the hen items are properly browned and evenly cooked all through. Afterward, return all the hen to the skillet with an extra cup of marinade, and cook dinner to cut back. Bear in mind to stir usually!
- End and Serve: Lastly, stir within the roasted peanuts and recent cilantro into the hen and cook dinner till aromatic (only a minute or so). Spoon your saucy ginger hen over rice, and dig in! See under for less difficult serving strategies.
Ideas For Success
Listed here are my further useful suggestions and tips when making ginger hen at dwelling:
- The used hen marinade is protected to cook dinner with. So long as it’s cooked to a boil, which can kill off any micro organism. Nevertheless, any leftover marinade that you simply don’t cook dinner straight away needs to be discarded, and never saved for later use.
- Make additional marinade. This kind of ties in with the above, however in the event you’d somewhat not cook dinner with the used marinade, you’ll be able to double the recipe so that you’ve got recent marinade so as to add to the skillet. Generally I’ll do that anyway so I’ll have ginger marinade prepared within the fridge for tomorrow night time’s dinner! The ginger soy flavors style nice with different proteins too, like pork, shrimp, and salmon.
- The way to inform when the hen is completed: You’ll be able to at all times take away a bit of hen from the pan and slice it open to verify that the center is cooked all through. Or, use a meat thermometer caught into one of many hen chunks to verify that the interior temperature is a achieved 165ºF.
- In case you’re cooking with hen breasts, you might need to think about browning the hen items, then decreasing the sauce a bit earlier than including the browned hen again into the skillet to complete cooking. Since hen breasts are simpler to overcook, this may also help maintain the meat from changing into too dry.
What to Serve with Ginger Hen
The sweet-savory-zesty flavors of this peanut ginger hen make it nice to pair with different Asian-style dishes for a SUPER tasty weeknight dinner. It’s scrumptious to serve spooned over rice or noodles and even tossed over hardy greens like spinach, kale, or cabbage.
Listed here are some less difficult meal concepts to serve it with:
Storing and Reheating Leftover Hen
Retailer leftover cooked ginger hen refrigerated in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
Reheating is as straightforward as transferring the hen to a skillet to reheat on the stovetop, or popping it into the microwave to warmth via. I like to recommend sprinkling in a little bit of water to assist loosen up the sauce once more (or in the event you made additional recent/unused marinade, you need to use that as a substitute).
Can I Freeze This?
Sure! Ginger peanut hen freezes superbly and tastes nice as soon as it’s thawed and reheated. Retailer it hermetic in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag, and maintain it frozen for as much as 3 months. Thaw the hen within the fridge and reheat it as directed.
A mouthwatering Ginger Hen recipe smothered in a sweet-and-sticky ginger soy glaze dotted with roasted peanuts. Do this Asian-inspired hen recipe that cooks up in a skillet in beneath 20 minutes!
- 3 kilos boneless, skinless hen thighs, trimmed of extra fats and reduce into 1-inch items
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 limes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Rice to serve
- Marinate the hen: In a big bowl mix hen, ginger, zest of 1 lime, juice of three limes, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, honey, garlic, and salt.
- Stir to mix and coat the hen evenly. Permit the hen to marinate for 1 hour.
- Prepare dinner hen: Warmth a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add half the hen to the pan, with a couple of tablespoons of the marinade. Stirring sometimes, cook dinner till achieved and browned. Take away the hen from the pan and repeat with the remaining hen.
- As soon as all of the hen is cooked, add all of it again to the pan with 1 cup of the remaining marinade. Permit this to cook dinner on medium-high for 3 – 4 minutes till a lot of the marinade has evaporated, stirring continuously. Add the chopped peanuts, and cilantro into the pan, stir and cook dinner for 1 extra minute.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Key phrases: chinese language hen, asian hen recipes, hen dinner concepts